Thursday, April 19, 2012

My Commander

When I think about the future ("after seminary") sometimes my head spins. There are so many options, so many needs, so many avenues to travel down, but yet we don't have a clue what it is that God wants us to do - specifically. Okay, we have a few clues, which would include: church ministry, pastorate, teaching at a seminary, overseas church ministry or teaching at a seminary overseas. Like I said-the long list makes my head spin. I am grateful for the direction and clarity that the Lord has recently been providing my husband with: he wants to teach the Bible to people. What a praise! Honestly, I am thrilled for the heart that he has and the drive that he has to do what it is God has called him to up to this point. But as far as a clear cut calling from the Lord to (fill in the blank) that just hasn't happened... yet.

In light of that, I find much comfort in the words of my all-time favorite hymn: In Christ Alone. The last verse reads:

No guilt in life, no fear in death
This is the power of Christ in me
From a life's first cry to final breath
Jesus commands my destiny
No power of hell, no scheme of man
Could ever pluck me from His hand
Til He returns or calls me home
Here in the power of Christ I stand


Although everyone's journey will look differently along the way, only in Christ can we be certain to arrive at our final destination. 

No comments:

Post a Comment