Wednesday, December 14, 2011

i can't think of a title..

Quite the heading for my first post huh? Well, I really never thought that I would actually start writing a blog but the internet makes it so easy .. thanks a lot Google. I am at work right now, after a day of booking reservations, creating a brunch menu, and stamping/addressing Christmas cards - I am ready for a nap! When I get home the husband will be off at school and I will come home to a quiet house that is about to be packed up and moved.

In the midst of the difficulties of life, it is easy to become a complainer or a grumbler. I could put on my pouty face and moan "Why me?" or "Why us?" I could do that and be completely justified.. except for one tiny complication: I possess the Spirit of God. And because I possess the Spirit of God, I do not have to respond to life's difficulties in the typical manner. In fact, I am commanded not to. Instead, I am commanded to respond, "Servants, be subject to your masters with all respect, not only to the good and gentle but also to the unjust." (1 Peter 2:18) Why I am called to do this? "For this is a gracious thing, when, mindful of God, one endures sorrows while suffering unjustly." (2:19) And who am I to emulate in doing this? I need someone to show me how! "For to this you have been called, because Christ also suffered for you, leaving you an example, so that you might follow in his steps." (2:20) Ah ha. So I can indeed suffer differently because Christ himself suffered for me leaving me an example, so that I might follow in his footsteps.

So although Chance and I have to pack up and move our belongings for the 2nd time this year, and although it is Christmas, we will rejoice because we get to taste a teeny tiny bit of what Christ endured for our sake. Now that is cause for Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment