Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Compassion (v.)

A few days ago, I was thinking [randomly] about a ministry that I had never gotten involved in, but has always been intrigued and encouraged by. So, naturally, I decided to visit their website. I told Chance about it later that day.. to which he said: "Great, let's sponsor one!"

The ministry that I am referring to is Compassion International. I had heard on another blog (Parchment & Pen) that one of the men who runs The Credo House was currently in Africa with Compassion! I read his updates and found out that Compassion is moving in huge ways to disciple children, teach them the Word, and help them out of poverty. They are deeply concerned that these children have adequate physical resources and deep theological training. I was super excited! Yesterday, we chose a 15-year-old boy who is from Burkina Faso, whose name is Soumaila. He has 8 kids in his family and one of his favorite activites is soccer! The best part about it is that we get to write him letters, and he can write us back.. all for only $38.00 a month! THAT'S IT!

If you would like to prayerfully consider sponsoring a child as well - please do. I urge anyone who has $40 extra dollars a month to think deeply about the impact you could make in one child's life forever. God is moving in the hearts of so many to do the same and we are so thrilled that we get to participate in the journey! Please pray for Soumaila and his family as they come to mind :)

Can you really resist these dear, sweet faces?



-kathryn

No comments:

Post a Comment